Data Art - Week 2: Quantified Self Portrait
My database, I collected all the plastic I consumed in one week, from Sep 09 21 to Sep 09 27 and designed them as a format of an orange juicy label:
I preprocessed by washing with organic cleaner and dry them under nature sunlight, trying not to produce more waste.
I noted all of them with the plastic type and amount. They represented my eating habits, drinking habits, mood status and life style.
From the database, I can see:
- I'm home cooking heavy and ordered Chinese food sometimes.
- Trying to drink homemade coffee to cut the daily cost.
- Need more calcium because of the medical treatment I'm taking.
- Shopping groceries and clothes online.
- Need to do my hair every morning.
- Very stressful recently, the amount of cigarette and cola I consumed were way too much than I usually did.
Being inspired by Lauren Singer and her Youtube channel "Trash is for Tossers", I decided to fill all the plastic into one juicy bottle, which means I have to thread them a little bit.