Homemade Hardware

Homemade Hardware - Week 8: Midterm Presentation

In this project, I used capacitive sensors as the input of users' gesture. 

There are 5 problems in total I solved and I can imagine there still more need to consider about.  

The first one is to choose the right sensor.  

My first try, I used a MPR121 adafruit breakout to prototype which worked well and gave me 12 touch pads. As I order my parts all the suppliers said the sensor was retired. Fine, I shifted to an upgrade one, cap1188, which on adafruit also have a breakout can be used to prototype and works pretty good as well. 

Here comes the second problem, the sensor is lead free, which means it's so tiny and no pins and only has a square GND.

Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 3.16.44 PM.png
IMG_8664.JPG
IMG_8665.JPG
IMG_8666.JPG
IMG_8667.JPG
IMG_8668.JPG
IMG_8669.JPG
IMG_8670.JPG
IMG_8671.JPG
IMG_8672.JPG
IMG_8674.JPG
IMG_8673.JPG
IMG_8675.JPG
IMG_8676.JPG
IMG_8703.JPG
IMG_8702.JPG
IMG_8701.JPG
IMG_8698.JPG
IMG_8700.JPG
IMG_8699.JPG
IMG_8696.JPG
IMG_8693.JPG
IMG_8697.JPG
IMG_8704.JPG